- You can finally invite villagers to your town using amiibo figures and/or cards
- For prospective villagers who don't own the game yet, a new packaged version that includes the new content
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Nintendo 3DS
The Animal Crossing: New Leaf game has a new lease on life thanks to the addition of amiibo compatibility. This free update adds in support for all Animal Crossing series amiibo figures and cards. Tap amiibo to have the pictured villager visit your town. You can even tap select amiibo from other series to get items themed to those characters!
After installing the update, you can tap Animal Crossing series amiibo figures and cards to invite villagers for a visit—or to move in! In November, this updated content has been added to the original game in a new packaged version called Animal Crossing: New Leaf—Welcome amiibo. And on December 2nd, 50 new Animal Crossing: New Leaf amiibo cards have also become available for purchase. No matter how you play it, this is the perfect time to cozy up to the charm and creativity of this special game. New friends and discoveries await every day. Express yourself by customizing your character, home, and town as you create your ideal world.
- Create your own happy place, as the mayor, you can make the big decisions that shape your city.
- New discoveries await every day: time passes in animal crossing as it does in the real world, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Decorate your house inside and out. Choose from old and new furniture, rugs, wallpaper, and upgraded design tools to personalize your house on the inside.
- Is your passion fishing? Fashion? Dig up fossils? Gardening? You can decide where you spend your time, either on your own or interacting with the animal people.
- "AND"; all with comic antics